Thursday 12 January 2012

Patient. Happy. Fun.

This is the mantra that I try to use every day. I want my boys to remember me being patient, happy and fun. It doesn't sound complicated or difficult really.

However, back to the real world... Being permanently patient, happy and fun is difficult when the baby is sleeping badly, the 4 year old is questioning your every move, faffing when you need him to be hurrying and trying to be older than he is (he wanted me to leave him in Newcastle today to stay with his friends and then he'd just get the train home himself...of course!) and add to that the stress of work, the usual finances, keeping on top of the housework, finding time for the boring mundane stuff that keeps a family running. It's hard being patient, happy and fun all of the time.

But I'll try again tomorrow. I need to remember that one day Roly will sleep until noon, one day Chops really will be on the train home by himself and I'll have lots of time to do the boring stuff. I just need to keep it ticking over until then and try to make my boys' childhood a happy and fun one to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment