Wednesday 11 January 2012

Chopsy Rules Football

We had a very busy day today.

Went along to the Botanic Gardens this morning with a group of friends. The weather was beautiful and it was even warm enough to go coat-free (for the kids at least!) Chops had a great time in the woods and the pond with his friends. I know the Roly one isn't 100% by the fact he was happy staying wrapped on my back rather than charging around with the others.

We headed home and watched a bit of Aussie Rules football as part of our Oz theme. Chops spotted a lot of differences between that and our football and isn't sure their's is football at all - too many hands involved! He then made up his own rules to play a random football/throwing/wrestling type game with Roly and I. I couldn't win as I'm still not quite sure what the rules were - they seemed to change every time I got the ball. It was a good laugh though.

In other news, the Roly one is loving shape sorters and the like at the moment. He's a big fan of putting things in bags/buckets/bins/washing machines and then (sometimes!) taking them out again. I washed a toy cow yesterday and found a tractor in the bin. He was building towers 5 and 6 blocks tall today.

No comments:

Post a Comment