Friday 24 February 2012

Monster-good Thursday

The boys and I had a lovely chilled out day at home yesterday. It feels like months since we had a full day of laziness!

We had water play, shaving foam 'swamps' for dinosaurs and Chops and I created rock monsters in the afternoon while Roly had a nap. It was the most involved I'd ever seen him in a craft activity.

We continued the theme by drawing a monster together and then he dictated a story about the monster which I typed for him.

He also enjoyed completing a few worksheets from 1+1+1=1. They were concentrating on his pen skills and forming letters but had themes which appealed (batman catching bad guys, Luke using the force on vader, cars winning races...)

These were the days I wished for when I decided to home ed. Happy happy relaxed learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment