Friday 3 February 2012

4 words in a row

Tweaked an idea I found online today to make our own 4 in a row game. I made a grid with 6 columns and wrote in a variety of words - some phonetic and some tricky. I made sure that a lot of them were ones he already knew but introduced another handful of tricky words too.

We took turns rolling the dice then picked a word from the column to read. Once we'd read it we put on a counter. The first to 4 in a row wins!

Chops did really well with it. The phonetic words he read pretty easily by sounding them out. He remembered most of the tricky words we'd looked at previously. The new ones we'll look at again soon but it was nice to introduce them while he was engaged in something fun and 'competitive' which is what makes him tick.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I think I'll be copying that one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be lovely to have you and M over sometime to play :)

    ReplyDelete