Friday 28 October 2011

Judgement

We've barely even begun our HE journey and already the judgement is bothering me. Not what other people think of us - I'm very happy with our choices - but with what they think that I think about what they do. That by sharing a pro-HE link or posting something that we've done at home that it's somehow questioning or criticising what they do. Or the same with breastfeeding or cosleeping or a myriad of other parenting 'dilemmas'.

The truth is, if I'm sharing it it's because I know that some people will be interested. If you aren't or you disagree that's fine. Read the link, shake your head and move on. There are bound to be things on your newsfeeds and walls that I don't always agree with either. But that is fine.

We all make different choices based on the circumstances and information that we have, based on our personalities and history and that of our children. What is right for one is not for another. That is fine!

I am not critiquing your decisions, I am not judging whether you send your child to school or where they sleep or what they wear. If you and your family are happy then that is great.

Parenting throws up lots of challenges - we don't have to make them harder for eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment